It's true it's so easy to forget about things that are happening somewhere else, no matter how tragic they are. It's sad but true that we often retreat into our comfy lives and try to forget.
This just reminded me of the song "This is War" by 30 Seconds To Mars.
It's just easier to think that bad things happen to others in other planes of the world... not to us. War seems like distant memory. We haven't been in one, but we know they've happened. It's something like learning from a history book - you know, theoretically, what happened, but the ramifications aren't as profound because you weren't physically there to absorb it.
We as individuals or country? I think, soon, we'll be drawn into it politically more than through passing reference on the news. Once the issue begins to impact how it is at home... I think then we'll be able to understand the emotional strain of the fact as well.
I am a mechanical pencil. But not just any mechanical pencil, a pencil with a solid beautiful never-been-used white eraser, slick blue body, and .07 lead. *click*
5 comments:
I didnt :P
btw, its at least 2 wars.
It's true it's so easy to forget about things that are happening somewhere else, no matter how tragic they are. It's sad but true that we often retreat into our comfy lives and try to forget.
This just reminded me of the song "This is War" by 30 Seconds To Mars.
It's just easier to think that bad things happen to others in other planes of the world... not to us. War seems like distant memory. We haven't been in one, but we know they've happened. It's something like learning from a history book - you know, theoretically, what happened, but the ramifications aren't as profound because you weren't physically there to absorb it.
That's true but very disconcerting, as we're in a war right now. Shouldn't we be more involved?
We as individuals or country? I think, soon, we'll be drawn into it politically more than through passing reference on the news. Once the issue begins to impact how it is at home... I think then we'll be able to understand the emotional strain of the fact as well.
Post a Comment