CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tears of Heaven

Somebody want to set this to music? ;)

Shimmering on a window pane
I thought I saw a drop of rain
glittering like a rainbow,
like a star.
Like a wish blown from afar

reflections twisting faces
while my mind travels to places
wondering what this wisher
could have felt
what kind of sorry hand he'd been dealt

REFRAIN
I pray that somewhere
we will find new air
and dreams that dare
to be dreamt.
Tears of heaven cascade down
I feel like I could drown
treading water in a sea
of contempt.

Across the street a lily bloom
unhindered by its coming doom
proudly shows its petals
to the world
delicately uncurled

as if to sing without
words a simple praise devout
though the shadow of a scissor
cloaks the sun.
Something beautiful undone.

REFRAIN

The stars threw down their pointed spears
and watered heaven with their tears
but the current
has washed them all away
they have all been washed away

now people look for god
in their countless money wads
not noticing that
darkness reigns the sky.
They are merely living to die.

REFRAIN 2X?

3 comments:

RUTH said...

hey hon
i just read your profile and i was like waah?!? this girl plays the viola
TOTAL RESPECT
i play the violin, ever played in an orchestra it must be hard there is like minimal 25 of us and 20 cellos and there is so little of you guys. again WOW!

RUTH said...

yeah of course i will let you read it. if i finish it. i have a habit of leaving things things unloved or unfinished

Vizarya said...

I love the imagery in this...

although, I'm reading it like a rap, and it's cracking me up XD