It is the happiest thing in the world to see a friend again after a long period of distance. Hugs last forever but feel like a moment, tears go from happy to sad and back again, and eyes never stray from the face.
Yesterday was a very happy reunion between me and Beau, who hadn't seen each other in the longest time. ironically, we were both wearing suits, though for different reasons. I had just come from Forensics (where I won half my rounds) to listen to his concert, which was amazing, by the way. Although they stuck him in a corner so I couldn't see him unless he bent over to pick up his bow or something.
Beforehand, forensics was very interesting. There were a good number of debators from different schools this time, so I had two rounds with people I didn't know. My first opponent didn't have a value, (which is pivotal in a round) and so I won that one. My second was a senior who'd been debating for four years. I tried to be more aggressive, but he still won. My third round I won, although our judge didn't like my case. My fourth round was against our team's coach, and I lost by one point. If anyone remembers Jack, he got first place. Alena got second.
I also acquired a tattoo from one of my teammates that said: 3 a day, Milk, Cheese, Yogurt!!
Pow.
PS, who thinks I should change my blog layout?



3 comments:
How can you score on a debate?
Well you have something called speaker points, where the judges look at a bunch of criteria and score you based on how well you did. Usually the person with higher speaker points wins, but sometimes not... If there is a tie, speaker points are used to determine who placed first.
Do you have time to draft a case, or do you just jump right in it?
Yay for reuniting!
And hahaha, nice tattoo ;)
Post a Comment