Next time you go to the bathroom, give your toilet a big hug. Never before have I been more appreciative of regular bathrooms than now, right after living in a cabin for three days. It was a luxury cabin, meaning it had a wood-burning stove, a regular stove, and a refrigerator, but no bathroom. (strangely, it did have pumbing, but whatever) Instead, we walked out a couple hundred feet into the woods to use the privvy, a little wooden shack that had a moon cut into its door. Of course, it stunk, but at least we'd remembered toilet paper. Also, it was around 30 degrees during the day, more like 10 at night, so we were literally freezing our butts off. In the dark. Don't get me wrong, I loved the cabin, including our dear privvy, but I would certainly rather have a normal toilet. Ah, going to the bathroom in civilization is such a pleasure. :)
Friday, January 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Whoa. Reminded me of this time some dude went up to me and my friend saying (all excitedly): "I GOT A TOILET!"
And I totally understand *sympathizes* The facilities aren't always that great in certain places within foreign countries either. =.= Having that 'toilet' for a few months was dismal.
Post a Comment