CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 1, 2010

Gaurdians


The vast wooden kingdom

wavers coldly in the lonely wind.
not a voice is heard
no smells of cooking bacon
pierce the wintry blizzard.
The who doth the golden-haired lasses
kiss goodbye?
To whom doth the wearthered wives
ladle out a last soup?
On six legs instead of two,
the knights in shining armor,
warrior faces red and black,
dripping with tribal paint,
congregate.
Scouring their kingomd with
beetle eyes,
the gaurdians
assemble
in the dead of night.

The preceding poem is about the infestation of ladybugs that we experienced in our cabin. In our loft, I counted at least eleven on the ceiling and we found a couple in my sleeping bag. They're so beautiful, and yet scary, sort of like butterflies. If you take away their wings, they look like giant hairy mosquitos.

3 comments:

Vizarya said...

O_O

OMG, you mentioned taking off their wings and I just balked at the computer screen... <_<

I've never done that before. I guess I haven't seen an abundance of them to have really thought about it. I always try to save the ladybugs I find.

What do you call the male ladybugs? I always thought the ones with less spots (like, just one or two) were the malebugs. XD Hahaha, I don't even know what to call them if I meant to label them literally and not generally!

Maria Sondule said...

Oh oh oh... no, I didn't take off their wings. I just meant envision them without their wings. Taking off a butterflies wings would be way too cruel for me. :(

Vizarya said...

Oh phew! Okay, cool. ^_^ I always thought they'd be kinda more pudgy than mosquitoes without their wings, but ah well! I think I saw them as more beetle-like.