Dazzling pricks of light appeared one by one in the indigo sky, boldly trying to outshine the last feeble rays of the sun. A girl glanced up at them, smiling to herself. And 100 miles away, a boy gazed quietly up, thinking of her.
'Twas then that night, they met in bright summer stars.
A scoop of vanilla ice-cream fell -plop!- from a child's cone, and landed next to a bit of strawberry. The two flavors blended into one another as they melted into the summer sun.
"Check out that diving board."
"How high is that thing?"
"Like, 20 feet, I think."
"Wow."
"Do you dare me to dive off it?"
"I so dare you."
"...I love you."
"Love you too."
"What time is it?"
"12:00 in the morning."
"What? It's been 2 hours and we're still on the phone?"
"Yep."
"Wow."
"I know."
"So, do you think we should go to sleep?"
"Well.... nah."
"I love you."
"Love you too."



3 comments:
*happy sigh* Well this was... different.
It's as if you told a wonderful love story in a few short snippets that could have spanned a great deal of time. =] I like this idea~
Beautiful introduction as well - very poignant for a foundation :D
Well, actually, it's all different little stories that don't connect except that they're in the summer, but you're right, they could be a whole story. And since you're the reader, you may interpret it any way you like. :)
Thanks for the encouragement!!
*grins* I thought you were more going for the idea of several different scenes that happen to occur during the summer... but then I noticed how well they intertwined to form a complete story on the whole :)
You are most welcome for the encouragement either way... this was very cleverly done ^_^
Post a Comment