CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

First Days of School

I always love the first days of school. Your backpack is light, your binder is new and shiny, your locker is empty, your friends aren't sick of you yet, you have an excuse to be late, and you're not bored of your teachers. I wish these would last forever, and school could be blissful year-round, but unfortunately, we all know that once we start getting excessive homework, everything goes downhill. I got a surprising amount of homework for just he second day of school. An essay for Spanish, a play to be read by next Friday, an essay for creative writing, a book assignment for history, 50 book problems for math, and a piece to have memorized for orchestra. This is just the tip of the iceberg. And I didn't even take all the AP classes I could've. So I can guess that some of my friends will be buried in homework before long.

My bus has already turned into a nightmare. On the first day of school, it passed our stop ten minutes early, way before we got there. So we waited at our stop for 20 minutes until my mother drove us to school. On the second, the bus came on time, but got to our transit stop ten minutes late, at which time all the buses to our school had left. We got a little bus to take us to school, and I got there just as the bell rang for first period.
My classes are alright though. I might go into more detail on some of them later, since a few of my teachers are... interesting. I know my Spanish teacher speaks only Italian in his household, and that my creative-writing teacher is one notch away from being insane. (but that's a good thing)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate the first day. Waking up early again, the thought that almost 10 months of misery is ahead of you etc....

My camera and Me said...

Hi!My name is stefanny and I think your profile is funny and quirky. Hopefully you'll follow me as I am you. the first day of school sucks only cause of the time you need to get up after two months of being awake at 2pm, ya gotta get up at 7am.

Anonymous said...

Well, Hungary was world 6 at Maths on the last measure and the US wasn't in the top 5.

Anonymous said...

And the commenter between my comments "tiene razón".

Vizarya said...

Ah! So much is going on!

Lol - such is the way of School.

Anonymous said...

I like the first day, you barely do any work! =)