CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 21, 2009

Curtain Call

Opening night came without the usual hubub and anticipation of being judged by friends and family. I sat in the far corner of the room, by myself in front of a computer, managing the music that came in between scenes and in back of big monologues. I imagine that the glow of the screen illuminated my face for everyone to see, but it also meant that I couldn't see anything when the lights went out. All in all though, everything went very well, and the play was a success. Andy H came to see it, and for some reason he was at the cast party as well.

See, even though yesterday was only opening night, our director, Chip, sponsored a cast party at a family restaurant. I didn't have a ride, since I thought I wasn't invited, being only crew, but Chip offered me a ride. I took it, so after everyone else had left the theater, me, Chip, and our stage manager all ran out to his car. We were soaked, since it was raining sheets. And then Chip started driving and a huge spike of lightning cracked the sky.
"I can't see out my windshield," Chip said, and then he proceeded to get out his cell phone and call his wife.
Despite his bad driving skills, we made it to the restaurant alive, and I managed to squeeze in between Polonius and Gertrude.
The party was interesting. There certainly seemed to be a lot of people there that weren't part of the cast. (Andy H being one of them) We all ordered milkshakes and confused the waitresses, and played telephone (To be or not to be somehow ended up as Cheese And Celery And Lasagna Too) and ate too many sugar packets and made toasts and it was very enjoyable.
The end.

4 comments:

Vizarya said...

*cracks up laughing* Oh my, that ending was HILARIOUS.
"To be or not to be...", only delivered as "Cheese and celery and lasagna too" XD HAhahahaha, that's wonderful.

Congrats on opening night and the cast party! Even IF it had to happen in horrid weather (nice comparison... "raining sheets").

Anonymous said...

Strangely I had a date yesterday. It is so weird that stuff like emotions can happen to me because i thought these are existing only in your blog.

Maria Sondule said...

Lol. A date? *tilts ear*

changetheworld360 said...

Aww, I should have come to see your show, even though you weren't part of the cast. It sounded like fun!