CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A New Chapter: (Untitled)


Well. What a day. I just got back from going to the museum with Timothy, and there is so much to tell that my hands are moving faster than the speed of light to get this all down. First of all, today was the best day in my entire life as I know it so far. (hopefully there will be more happy days ahead) This is entirely because of Timothy. Second of all, today began a "new chapter" in my life. There are a couple titles I could give it, but they sound horribly sappy.

So, anyway. I suppose my day began at 12 AM, because I was awake in my bed with a headache and feeling slightly nauseous. I read The Beguilers until about 4 in the morning, and then started in on Eclipse again, until finally I fell asleep at 5. Unfortunately, 2 hours later I was up again, feeling much better but very very tired, getting ready to go to the museum with Timothy. (but I slept for another hour again after I was ready) I was so tired that I forgot to feel nervous.
The ride to the museum was uneventful, as was the first hour there. We explored the art gallery, finding interesting modern art displays like suspended rain, and a room with a movie of a man walking on a bridge. (don't ask me how that's art, I really couldn't tell you) We also bumped into one of Timothy's friends, who gave him at least 5 hugs before sending us on our way again. (I wish I had friends like that. She seemed really nice and enthusiastic) There were no fuzzy rocks in the mineral exhibit, and the dinosaurs were the same as ever (after all, they can't get any deader). A friend from school was there and said hi, before asking us the question: "Are you dating?" to which I responded with a stunned/nervous silence.

After lunch, we followed the map to the Native American exhibit. (well, Timothy did. My map reading skills are far below adequate) There was a bench type thing situated under a purple ceiling made to look like the sky, with stars and everything. We sat there for about an hour, and waited and waited, and finally when no one was around except us, we tried to kiss. (I would be gagging if I were reading this, so sorry) It was really funny... we tried four times before actually gathering the courage to touch lips. (Ick) It left a really weird tingly feeling on my mouth.

We spent a lot of the rest of the time sitting and holding hands (happy sigh) and even went back to the room with the bridge man in order to be alone. But then it was 5:00 and we had to leave to meet Timothy's dad. I got a red face because Timothy was walking fast, and since I have shorter legs, I had to almost jog to keep up (plus it was really hot, and maybe I was blushing too.) Of course on the ride home I managed to embarrass myself.

Timothy: Was that too much detail?

7 comments:

Vizarya said...

You know? I really like your writing. It's not overly sappy or over-the-top or anything like that. It's to the point with wonderful detail, and with a sprig of humor thrown in. I can never get the "funny" factor in my work... it's makes me sad :( But you do it wonderfully. You keep your work honest, and I like it!

I'm glad this day was very special for you! May you have many more happy moments (albeit a bit awkward) to come!!

Anonymous said...

Well now I feel as a bad friend. I think I last hugged in May and before it I don't remember when the last time was. I don't really show emotions towards people but I hope they feel that I like them with their 6th sense.

changetheworld360 said...

Yay! Sounds like your relationship with Timothy is going well. Have you managed to have less awkward moments now?

Maria Sondule said...

Yep. Sort of...

changetheworld360 said...

Oh, and nice attempt at kissing. :)

Maria Sondule said...

In my defense, I have never kissed before, so it makes sense that things would be.... weird.

Anonymous said...

ah i have no idea what to say because i have no experience in that area either! lol. gosh.

well. that was completely unproductive.