CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Maria the Human Habitat

I hate it when you're right about something that makes your life worse.
I just got back from the doctor, and just as I have suspected for a few days, I have head-lice. The doc was impressed because I managed to find a live louse and imprison it in a cup. He hardly had to search my hair before he found several adult lice, while my mother (who had searched a few days before) looked for at least 15 minutes and found nothing. So. This is a problem.
On the way home we got treatment and administered it. It took 2 hours to comb through my hair and get all (and maybe not even all) the lice, nymphs (baby/teenager lice), and nits (lice eggs) out. My mom now wants me to get a short haircut, but I refuse. (short hair is annoying)
This is so frustrating! They never go away!
We have to clean the entire house, treat my siblings in case they have it too, and I'm not allowed to touch people. (this last is especially annoying, because my sister likes to hug me and now she can't) Plus there's a good chance I'll get it again because lice are very contagious and I probably spread it to some people that I will inevitably have contact with. (Timothy, Spring, watch out)
The one good thing maybe is that my hair is clean. (because lice like clean hair)

This stinks. Oh well, there are a lot of worse things it could be.

6 comments:

changetheworld360 said...

Wow, that is troubling news. Hopefully it will be over before you know it.

Maria Sondule said...

I doubt that

Vizarya said...

Um, this is probably a stupid question... but how did you come to suspect you had head-lice?

I hope things go back to normal soon - but in the meantime, stay optimistic (I hear it helps somehow) ^-*

Anonymous said...

Well be positive. At least you don't have to go anywhere to hunt.

Maria Sondule said...

I suspected I had lice because my head was itchy and I found a very louse-ish bug in my hair. (which I saved to show the doctor)
The question is: where did I get it?

Vizarya said...

Ahh...
Where indeed?
*mystery music and shifty eyes*
WE CAN PLAY DETECTIVES!!
(sorry, I don't know why I feel hyper)