CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Along the Rope

High school is often written off; it's Hell, it's a time to goof off, it's not until college that the thinking starts. The only stereotype that I can firmly agree with is that the person you are at the beginning of high school is not the same as the person at the end.

I started ninth grade ridiculously shy, too afriad to talk to people sitting next to mein class. i remember walking through the halls o the first day of school and feeling the POW of the sheer magnitude of character roaming the halls. high school was literally a blanket. it covered my face with other people more willing to take the spotlight. It drowned out my voice so I could sing in teh halls without being heard. And now, at the end, I'm outgoing and happy. The school became my spotlight, even though it really wasn't. At least I was in the spotlight of my own group, along with my friends. And it shows: for example, I cut my hair short, which is something I hated the idea of back in ninth grade.
Next fall I'll be a freshman again. We'll see if college brings the same trials.

3 comments:

L. said...

Your blog is great, I gave it an award on my page check it out.http://stepintoadolescence.blogspot.com/2011/06/employed-life-of-ginger-mexican.html

Vizarya said...

The challenges are basically the same though different. That's my guess, anyway. In high school they hand things to you, in college... not so much (talk about independence). Otherwise, I totally agree. Who I am now is not who I was in 9th grade. Best of luck with college!

JJ said...

Different trials, I would say. I'm choosing to have faith in your strength.