CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Author's note: none of these really describe my mom, but at least they rhyme!


There once was a wonderful mommy
who only ate cheese and salami.
She said "I forsook
all that I could cook
'Cause I'm deathly afraid of pastrami."

There once was a wonderful mother
who loved us so much she would smother.
When we asked her to stop
with a skip and a hop
she said "mow I shall pester my brother."

My mother deserved to be coddled
in between times that she modeled.
Alas all the corn
gave her only scorn
now she keeps her feelings bottled.

2 comments:

Vizarya said...

What a fun rhyme tempo! Your phrases are so funny XD

Did you mean "now" instead of "mow" when you said: 'he said "mow I shall pester my brother."'?

Teehee, the word verification is "smoriami" - it would totally fit into your poem :)

Happy Belated Mother's Day to your mum! It's never too late to show how much she's appreciated ^_^

Maria Sondule said...

Yes, I did mean now. lol