The passage of time never felt so real
as now, in the hot night of my room
one day before
I know for sure that I am
not
a child.
The fan hangs is head wearily
casting shadows over spiders spinning
silk sheets and love nests.
The light peeps out at me from under a shade
its cyclops eye bulging
with watery boldness.
A half-empty jar of perfume
glittering picture frame
rumpled hair bands beside watches
and a dusty pack of playing cards:
will these be here tomorrow?
One second means the
passing of a day, the
end of a life.
I need to understand that
time is slowly carving me away,
but inside I still feel immune.



4 comments:
'Time is slowly carving me away' is a nice line, Maria, but if I were you I'd hold off the intimations of mortality for as long as you can. You'll end up worrying too much about what 'me' means.
Sorry. Where is my brain today?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY HAPPY RETURNS.
It's nice knowing you, Maria.
Thanks! It's nice knowing you too :)
"The fan hangs is head wearily" - did you mean "its head"?
I like how you see the world in your room as you contemplate what it means to be another year older. It doesn't feel different from all the years before - much less from what yesterday felt like - and yet time passes and completes another year... slowly, surely, hushed with little fanfare.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY all the same ;D I enjoy extending the celebrations - hahaha!
Post a Comment