CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dedication

The first person to ever influence my life in a profound way was my mom, obviously. She carried me around for nine months, and then she fed me and clothed me and sacrificed a lot to make sure I had a good life. I hardly have any memories of my mom getting mad or raising her voice, which is a good thing. She's what you would call an "authoritative" parent, who confronts her children as if we were mature (and we are. Mostly.).

My mom didn't teach me a lot of school stuff, probably because her bouts all day with calculus and statistics drive the rest from her mind, but she taught me her values.
because of her I adore reading and learning, I respect others, try not to judge people, and to act in kindness or forgiveness. Like everyone, I slip up, but at least then I feel guilty so I won't do it again.

1 comments:

Vizarya said...

:D It's great to have someone so influential as a role model. My dad was always one for the concrete subjects (math, science, academics...), but my mom got me interested in extra-curriculars (music, reading, writing, etc). It all balanced out somehow.

Your mom sounds truly dedicated, and I KNOW she's a wonderful mother because of how you turned out. Haha, of course, I only know you through these writings - these tidbits of insight into your everyday life - and through Spring (Sahara?), but sometimes it truly is enough.