CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Love the Winter

The best things about Winter:

1. Snowfall in the night- I love watching huge white flakes settle gently on the ground, especially if there is no sound anywhere else. A dark sky makes everything sharper, more vivid. Olaf describes my face as I watch snow falling outside the window as having "childlike wonder." And it really is awe inspiring.
2. Fresh new snow- The way it glitters is exquisite, and somehow a blanket of snow makes things cozy.
3. Ice skating
4. Rosy cheeks and noses
5. Valentine's Day (but only this year, because I anticipate not being single for it for the first time in my life)

1 comments:

JJ said...

Do you know, snow is one of a very few things of which I take a pragmatic view. Can't stand the stuff, and the less I see of it the better. Than again, I did have a bad experience with it once.

I loved snow as a kid, but that was before I had to drive on it, pay the heating bills, or clear 2ft drifts of the bloody stuff out of a loft!

Retain the childlike wonder, Maria. It's probably the very best thing about you.