CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Glinda's Bubble

It's easy to get lost in my own little bubble. College keeps me busy, and I can block out things I have no interest in. It seems like nothing from outside can affect me. Diseases can't penetrate the walls of classrooms or the dorm. Politics can't stretch out an arm and squeeze me in its fist.

I have to remember that I am not invincible and that bad things will happen if I'm not careful.
Luckily, I seem to have a knack for planning ahead.

However, one of the things I was cautious about came to pass: Olaf did sign up for a course that I'm in. Now we walk to class together after eating, and he sits next to me during the lecture. It's not distracting, and so far we both enjoy it. If we get on each other's nerves, Unicorn is there to talk to and align myself with, even though right now I regretfully have been sacrificing time with him in class to time with Olaf.
Do fairytales come true sometimes? Olaf seems to think so, and it makes me even more skeptical than I already was. At the same time, it would be nice to believe.

1 comments:

JJ said...

Two typical JJ comments:

Bad things will happen whether you're careful or not, but bad things are usually the best things to learn from. Higher education can't hold a candle to bad things happening.

When fairytales come true, they stop being fairytales.