CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 16, 2011

Irony

My brother Austin plays in the marching band for his school. The Marching band is supposed to be there to support the football players. And yet because football season gets colder as the weeks go by, the band members find themselves hoping that the football team loses. The family members of the band members hope that the football team loses so that they can stop driving their kid around and sitting in the cold watching some people they don't care about kick a ball while their child sits off in a corner freezing his hands off.

Good thing our football team has a huge fan base.

3 comments:

JJ said...

The price of being a camp follower, eh? I assume you're not talking Steelers.

JJ said...

I like you, you know. Our opinions might differ, but you're straight. I like straight.

Vizarya said...

Haha, I'm in my university's marching band. We play through rain, sleet, snow, and the occasional sun for our team who somehow managed to win a total of 2 games the entire season. *wry smile* It gets bitter being out in the cold rooting for a not-so-stellar team after a while, but it made a nice change getting media love when they couldn't find much to say about the athletics XD