CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Attractiveness

Here are my thoughts about physical attractiveness:

Attractiveness alone does not make one happy.

Happiness (as long as one doesn’t go overboard) makes one more attractive. It means that you bring up the spirits of other people and are fun to be around.

Being too attractive is not a bad thing, although it could be, if one’s self-esteem was inflated beyond repair because of it.

I am not extremely attractive, but I am not ugly either. I’m in the middle, and can raise myself up a few notches with the right clothes, posture, and attitude.

I like being in the middle, because 1. It means that people who only care about looks skim over me so I don’t have to deal with them. 2. This leaves people who care about personality. Those people take time to get to know someone before they make a complete judgment of their character, and usually those people also have good personalities. Since they take time to learn about people, usually they’re looking for something more stable, like a deep friendship or a long-term relationship. Since that’s what I want, it’s perfect.

The question is, do I like being in the middle because of my personality or because I can’t be in the top tier?

Every girl wants to be more attractive, and so do I to a certain extent. But I’m not going to give up other things to pursue that. So I think it’s a combination of both, hopefully more skewed towards my personality.

Either way, I’m content to be content.

1 comments:

Ben Ditty said...

I'm a guy but sometimes I'd like to be more attractive too.