CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Fingers Crossed

Classes officially end tomorrow. It certainly feels early, even though I welcome the easy days ahead. I have three finals to study for, but I'm not particularly worried about any of them. Two are psychology which I can study jointly for and the other is Econ, which will be somewhat more challenging but I have an entire book of practice problems to study from.

I've bought most of my Christmas presents, although I think I lost the present I was going to give to my cousin. Oh well.
Should I sign up to take a course with Olaf? I'm not really interested in the subject area but I would need to take a similar course in order to fulfill a general education requirement and none of them are interesting. I figure that class will mean more time together and we can help each other with the homework. The only problem arises if we break up during the course of the year. I don't foresee that happening, but who knows. And since the class will be small, I won't be able to avoid him if that happens. More to the point, if we break up, I fear I might lose my will to go to the class. I don't think it's a good idea, but then again, sometimes you just have to try things and hope for the best.
So what am I going to do until finals are over? Study, sleep in, socialize, and eat, I suppose. School clubs aren't allowed to meet during finals week unfortunately, so I won't have intermittent breaks to take my mind off of things.
I think the most useful class I took this semester was abnormal psychology. I was interested in the subject matter, and I learned a lot. The most useless class was by far Hebrew. I think I may have come out of it knowing less Hebrew than I went in with, actually. (Nah, that's a little too extreme) My writing course wasn't particularly helpful, and in fact my essays got worse over the course of the class. Mostly that was because I got busier though, which is to be expected.
Next semester promises to be better than this one. Here's hoping.

1 comments:

JJ said...

Now that you know all about abnormal psychology, would you come and analyse me please? I could use some help. Your approach to the question of whether to share classes with Olaf is so commendably pragmatic, you know? I'm truly impressed.