CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Isn't There some Test to Study For?

My Crazy English Teacher called me a ladies man today. ("Except with the roles reversed... you know. Because you like all sorts of different boys."

- "Uh... what are you talking about?")

Yesterday I had an audition for a musical string orchestra. I know I'll get in, but I want to beat a certain other individual who is two grades below me and amazing at viola. It's just luck we're not at the same school (so I don't have to compete with him within my class).

I realized I never posted about school. So I'll tell you that English is my favorite class, and My Crazy English Teacher is my fav teacher ever. Right now we're finishing up delving into the Inferno. I would post about that too, but it's way too deep for me to get all my thoughts together and write it down.
My least favorite class is Calculus. No surprises there... My teacher is good though. I guess if the room weren't THIRTY DEGREES I would enjoy class more.

I joined debate again and I'm doing symphony and the musical of course. But I'm wondering if I should join fashion club. Don't get me wrong, I'm as geeky as they come, and not fashionable at all, but a few of my friends are in it and I think it might be fun.

My id is commanding me to get a snack. Good day to yunz!

10 comments:

JJ said...

Have you ever heard Maire Breatnach play the viola? Beautiful instrument. I just wrote to somebody 'Music is the true art of the soul.'

So you're a gentleman's woman, are you?

Anonymous said...

You kinda are a mans lady :P

I can help with calc! and the room is warm when I get in there after you

Pshh we're good at fashion. We did great shopping that one day :D

Maria Sondule said...

I remember in elementary school we were choosing instruments and I picked the viola because "it sounds like sunset." It rally is a beautiful instrument.
I am not a gentleman's lady! XD You people might think five is a lot, but that was over four years, which are supposed to be turbulent relationship-wise, and I haven't dated nearly as many people as a lot of other girls. (like Kitten perhaps.)
And Snark, I want to know why you said that, cos you know me in person. :)

Anonymous said...

To me, dating 5 is alot, even over 4 years. But thats just me, and I've had one girlfriend (P.S. She's awesome)

JJ said...

It all depends on how you're defining 'dated.' And I still don't know what XD means.

Anonymous said...

Dated is (to me) more than 2 dates, or if it ends up on facebook

And XD is like a laughing face, its my way of saying lol

JJ said...

Facebook?!

I was thinking more that any reputation for profligacy would depend on what you DO on these dates. I'm being consciously polite here.

Maria Sondule said...

I define "dated" as having been in a relationship with. So a casual date doesn't really count. And I don't count relationships on facebook, even though for me at least if it says I'm in one on facebook then I'm in one in real life.
What's dating to you?

JJ said...

So then you need to define 'relationship.' OK, I'll get to the bottom line (although I'm conscious of needing to tread carefully because I know that ages of entitlement and consent are higher in the States than they are here.)

By the time I was seventeen I would have said that to be considered 'dating,' a relationship would have needed a clear romantic element and a commitment to exclusivity. What's more, I would have considered it a tame relationship indeed if there hadn't been a sexual element, at least implicit if not actual. Without these factors, it would have been just a friendship.

You have to bear in mind that I became sexually active at fifteen and that was considered normal even then. I gather it's virtually obligatory these days!

Hope that doesn't offend. You did ask.

Maria Sondule said...

No, I'm not offended. Sorry if I sounded that way in the last comment. I think that's a pretty good assessment of relationship, although I disagree about the sexual part. But maybe that's just me...