CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

How to Save a Life


I saved three lives today. What did you do?

With just a prick on my middle finger and five minutes with a needle in my arm, I saved three lives. The blood drive at our school today wasn't incredibly busy, but I'd say about 200 others also gave their time and platelets as well. When they poked the needle in me, I immediately started feeling faint, so they gave me an ice pack and a can of gatorade. But other than that things went well. I got to eat a chocolate cooked afterwards with my friends and go to lunch.
Any of you ever considered donating?
One of my friends has a girlfriend that's in my lunch. He was in my lunch too today, because he missed his during the blood drive. So he said hello to her, and plunked his lunch down at a different table What's up with that? They never have any problems...

9 comments:

lucy said...

aw, you hero! :)

i want to donate blood too!

Anonymous said...

I may donate blood in March. My Biology fan friend asked me so I may take it into consideration. :D

Anonymous said...

I'm not allowed to donate blood 'cause of my medical conditions :P but I've pledged my organs for donation after I die, I posted about it last time actually :P

Imogen said...

Wow, you're really brave. I'm gonna pledge my organs too, I'm not gonna need them when I'm dead.

Well done

nani miyuki said...

whoa sis !...congrats for ur braveness to donate ur blood to save life...n i? still wondering in my wonderland...yay or nay...but i'll go wif nay...but 2 of my bff do donate their blood...so, i congrats all of u....:)

Nishant said...

great and lovely blog
work at home in india

Vizarya said...

I don't meet the requirements to donate blood yet. I'm too worried about the whole organ donating thing too. I mean, I'd kind of like my organs to be intact for later autopsies should I be murdered or something. Maybe I'll change my mind someday, but for now... eh.

Yay for saving lives though, I owe you that much despite my views.

Maria Sondule said...

Yeah, I'm kinda squeamish about donating organs too, even after I die, but I figure if I'm dead it can't hurt, right?

Vizarya said...

Depends on how you're looking at it. On the one hand, you keep your organs, if any forensic evidence remains overlooked the first time then donated organs would lose all trace of helpful evidence. On the other hand, you donate your organs, maybe the case won't be solved, but at least someone else is granted life. Maybe.

This is all hypothetical, really.