1. Singing
I walked into my high-school this morning feeling relatively confidant. My voice was strong, I felt good, I was warm, and I remembered my monologue. Now I only had to perform in front of three judges, who would decide if they want to put me in their show.
"Hey," Ginger said, taking my hand as I walked into the waiting room.
"Hey," I replied, but I didn't even have time to sit down before I was called into the auditioning room.
"Stand on the X" the judges told me, so I did, and waited for the piano introduction.
Let's all stroke together
like the princeton crew.
When you're strokin' Mama,
Mama's strokin' you....
2. Monologuing
"Good," the judges said once I had sung my song. "Now your monologue."
I searched my memory for the lines, but they weren't there. So I took a deeeeep breath and started talking.
"I have forgiven you. I mean it!! I'm completely over everything!"
Now the words come back to me, of course.
3. Dancing
Ginger and I were in the same group for the dance audition. We were divided into teams of five, and we had to learn the dance to a song and then perform it. Let me just say this: I am not a dancing person. BELIEVE ME. The music was too fast, the dance was too long, and I was nervous in front of 45 other people who were vying for my part, and who were better than me. I tried to smile and give it my all, but when I got focused on the dance I lost my place and couldn't keep from looking utterly confused.
Oh yeah.



7 comments:
I am not really into these auditions. I would be also very nervous.
Yay for uncoordinated dancing! Don't worry. I'm a terrible dancer too.
Well done for getting the courage to audition! I could never do something like that! I'm glad your singing and monologue went well, and the dancing was probably not as bad as you think it was! When do they tell you if you got the part? And which musical? It all sounds great fun! Great post Maria!
Jenny x
No way, doing Chicago? Epic! I'm sure you did fine :) Dancing auditions are always the hardest for me, I get so into it and try to outdo the other dancers in the group that I sometimes forget to smile and just have fun with it. :P
You definitely some guts auditioning for stuff... I apparently panic and chicken-out if there's too much waiting time.
I'm the kind of person who just has to go out and do it before Second-Thoughts decides to pay a visit D:
Anyway - good luck! I'm sure you did wonderfully no matter how poorly you think you did on the dance portion. Cheer up - at least you went up there and did something! :D
thanks for your comment! I really like your blog too, the layout is adorable! and yeah this year I am doing to muscial for the first time and i havve to sing in front of teachers... alone. I'll be right there with ya in a few months.
I <3 your blog, haha follow me, you will be the first follower.. i'll feel proud of myself.
Post a Comment