CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dear Me,

You are a very selfish girl. You are mean, cruel, unkind, uncaring, and selfish. Some people see that side of you and walk away. But listen. You are a good person.

Yes, you are selfish, and no amount of changing and managing your attitude will ever fix that. There will always be that tiny shard- maybe a sliver, maybe a brick, that weighs you down with selfish thoughts and actions. That's why you need to accept it. I'm not saying don't try to be less selfish, but give yourself a break. Nobody's perfect.
I you don't embrace your flaws, who will?

http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/nashvillecream/letter.jpg

2 comments:

Vizarya said...

You leave a very open question at the end.

I'm convinced there is someone out there who will. Someone aside from yourself who can see who it is that you are, and cherish every bit of what makes you who you are.

Of course, it is helpful to accept yourself first. Makes handling the compliments and critiques of others a far more pleasant trip ^_^;

Hannah Mary said...

I think the whole world needs to read this. :)