CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 24, 2012

Board Member- Not

Being a dedicated member of groups has a price. A number of people have approached me about being on various boards next year. Swing club board members are graduating and there aren't a lot of older members who won't be graduate students (who cannot be on the board). Merrily is another good choice for board member but she doesn't want to do it because (like me) she anticipates being busy next year.

Glee club is down to six members. I like it better because it means I get to be on my own part a lot of the time, and I can sing as loudly as I want. However, this also means that next year I might be the only one who can play the piano, which means I have to be the director. Potentially.
I wanted to focus on doing research next year. Now it looks like I'll have to be the bad guy to do it.

2 comments:

Marvin E. hewtm said...

Maria,

Do you got to UChicago?

JJ said...

I've found that saying 'no' gets you disliked by the wrong people and respected by the right ones.