CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 9, 2012

Michael Phelps Diet

I read on an online newspaper that Michael Phelps eats 12,000 calories per day. How does someone eat 12,000 calories per day? I understand that he needs the energy in order to swim, but I can't see someone being hungry enough to eat 12,000 calories a day. The sheer mass of food Michael Phelps eats for breakfast is more than I have in one day.


Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelet. One bowl of grits. Three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar. Three chocolate-chip pancakes.

Lunch: One pound of enriched pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo on white bread. Energy drinks packing 1,000 calories.

Dinner: One pound of pasta. An entire pizza. More energy drinks.


The breakfast I could probably get through the grits and a couple pancakes. And I bet Olaf could get through only half of it, and he's as tall as they get and exercises a lot.

A pound of pasta is 4 cups dry, which is more than 1 macaroni and cheese box, so I wouldn't even begin to taste the majority of his lunch. And 1000 calories of energy drinks would send me through the roof.

As for dinner, I think it's pretty self-explanatory. I know people that can get through a whole pizza, but by the end they're struggling.

The sheer volume of food this guy consumes is astounding. I guess he must really be swimming hard.

1 comments:

JJ said...

Then there's the other half of the story. What goes in...